Soon, we’ll be announcing a fresh new marketplace for TastyIgniter developers.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What's coming in v3.0

#1 sampoyigi Offline 1 == 2
The next TastyIgniter release is going to be version 3.0.

You might be wondering why we are jumping straight to 3. Well, it is simple really. We are moving from CodeIgniter to Laravel 5.5. This is going to be a major update to the platform.

Here is what's planned so far:
  • Full Laravel 5.5 support. CodeIgniter will no longer be supported so if you are new to Laravel, the Laravel docs will be a great place to start learning. 
  • Major improvements to the way we design themes, develop extensions and extend “or currently hack” TastyIgniter. Meaning you can spend more time on implementing your ideas and less on making it work with TastyIgniter.
  • Of course, the multi-location feature, development is on hold until the first 3.x-beta/alpha.
  • Reach the testing/beta stage by mid-November.
If you are interested, I've created a Slack Team (invite only for now) for development discussions, ideas and contributions, please send me a PM with your email to join the team.

More updates to come.
#2 amit_inn@yahoo.com Offline Newbie
(19 Oct, 05:33 PM)sampoyigi Wrote: The next TastyIgniter release is going to be version 3.0.

You might be wondering why we are jumping straight to 3. Well, it is simple really. We are moving from CodeIgniter to Laravel 5.5. This is going to be a major update to the platform.

Here is what's planned so far:
  • Full Laravel 5.5 support. CodeIgniter will no longer be supported so if you are new to Laravel, the Laravel docs will be a great place to start learning. 
  • Major improvements to the way we design themes, develop extensions and extend “or currently hack” TastyIgniter. Meaning you can spend more time on implementing your ideas and less on making it work with TastyIgniter.
  • Of course, the multi-location feature, development is on hold until the first 3.x-beta/alpha.
  • Reach the testing/beta stage by mid-November.
If you are interested, I've created a Slack Team (invite only for now) for development discussions, ideas and contributions, please send me a PM with your email to join the team.

More updates to come.

Hi Sam,
Any further updates for 3.0?
Thanks
#3 lordyfan Offline Junior Member
any ideas sam when 3.0 will be available
#4 robguts Offline Newbie
Will the database structure change at all? I'm currently mapping it out for my own understanding, before creating a module... Which may well end up as a Laravel module
#5 sampoyigi Offline 1 == 2
Yes, database structure will be maintained.
#6 diverd Offline Junior Member
is there any update about v3.0
#7 mani Offline Newbie
I try to run TastyIgniter version 3 but throw "No application encryption key has been specified" error
#8 zigstum Offline Newbie
(02 Feb, 11:23 AM)mani Wrote: I try to run TastyIgniter version 3 but throw "No application encryption key has been specified" error

In command line, inside root folder - run 'php artisan key:generate'
#9 mani Offline Newbie
(02 Feb, 12:02 PM)zigstum Wrote:
(02 Feb, 11:23 AM)mani Wrote: I try to run TastyIgniter version 3 but throw "No application encryption key has been specified" error

In command line, inside root folder - run 'php artisan key:generate'

Yes  I tried also this command "php artisan key:generate" but throw "Class translator does not exist

" error
#10 zigstum Offline Newbie
You can just add a key generated by another Laravel app, but I think you will find the same or a similar error will greet you once you get past the key error. I know Sam is working on the v3.0 repo to fix these missing classes errors over these past few days.
A key you can add to .env -

base64:ofXyQWr/vldHORC36bgtDmGS1K+fcodIr8dbqxV+JvA=

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread / Author
Chained Options
Last Post ianhaney made 06 Apr, 09:26 AM