With the BIG move from CodeIgniter to Laravel, we want to get more people participating in every step of the way.
👨🔧 /Contributing to open source is easier for some than others./
This is a proposal of what’s ahead for TastyIgniter. The list of plans/todos may change at any point.
Our next step is to get to a stable version 3.0.4, that we recommend for use in production. To get there, we will release a number of betas. The main things we concentrate on for these betas are:
- Redesign website and improve documentation [needs volunteer]
- Updates to the database structure and indexes
- Some minor design improvements
- Improved installation/upgrading experience for extensions, themes
- An admin Onboard widget to help people unfamiliar with TastyIgniter better understand it.
- Improved dashboard charts
- Improved error logging
- 🏪 Marketplace for TastyIgniter developers
TastyIgniter 3.0+ Goals
The subsequent releases will focus on stabilising TastyIgniter codebase as well as adding some great new features.
Twig Laravel Blade instead of raw PHP code in views
- A notifications/reminder system
- Improved installation/upgrading experience for extensions
- Media Manager support for videos
- Translations UI editor for both core and extensions language files
- Add composer build support to core
- Prepare core to handle semantic versioning for extensions, themes and translations
Front-end (Orange theme)
Twig Laravel Blade in code
- UI/UX Improvements
- Search engine optimisation
- Real-time order progress
Mobile App (Moved to 3.1+ roadmap)
Order receiving app Delivery app
- RESTFul APIs Builder
- Broadcast Events (Pusher)
- Google Cloud Print
- Event Rules and Actions - configures event rule actions to be triggered when certain events happen
- Facebook Ordering
- POS Integration
- SMS Integration with Twilio.
- Kitchen Display System
- Delivery Management Platforms
The idea of this roadmap is to briefly mention and explain TastyIgniter’s plans. It does not explicitly mention timelines, because none of them is set in stone. This can be modified according to your ideas and feedback. The goal is that the above work will be in progress or begin soon. The roadmap itself will be updated as many times as necessary.
If you want to lend a hand, look at the milestones in GitHub and tell us what you can do. Meanwhile, follow us on Twitter @TastyIgniter for updates.