After many, many months of development, we are pleased to announce the first stable release of TastyIgniter 3!
If you have followed our journey you will know this is so much more than a new release - version 3 is a migration of the entire codebase from CodeIgniter to Laravel, a huge undertaking! Along the way we have continued to improve TastyIgniter, adding new features such as split opening hours, timeslot limitations, refunds, automation, child themes, and extendable order types. And that’s just the core codebase, we’ve also released a fully-featured API extension, automation extension, coupons, as well as community contributions such as Kitchen Display, Printer, Places and more…
Now that we have shipped a stable version 3, we are starting to look ahead and plan what’s next. On the immediate horizon we intend to support PHP8, release a localisation/translation extension, and of course, continue fixing bugs and improving the codebase. Beyond that, we hope to release a SaaS version of TastyIgniter and a native app to allow restaurants to manage orders. We feel very excited about the future of TastyIgniter, and the growing community around the platform gives us real energy to continue to push forward.
I (Ryan) think it’s also right at this point to recognise the incredible job Sam has done in curating and crafting TastyIgniter to this point, mostly by himself. He has single-mindedly led the code and the platform to the point where it is being used in restaurants all over the world, enabling and empowering businesses to control their brand and customer experiences, freeing them from reliance on aggregators and 3rd party monetisation. I know there are many of us benefitting from the hard work, time, and sacrifices he has made.
🎊 What’s New
- We’ve dropped support for PHP 7.2
- Admins can now automatically assign orders to a staff group using Automations. With the ability to control how orders are assigned to staff within a group.
- Activity Log housekeeping: you can now specify how long to keep activity logs
- Added support for geocoding with Open Street Maps Nominatim and/or Google Geocoding APIs.
- Your customers can now track their order status in real-time on the order page.
- You can now configure split opening, delivery and pickup hours
- You can now process refunds on Stripe payments right from the admin order page
- Using the Automation extension you can now schedule review reminder emails on X days after an order is completed
- You can now limit the number of orders to accept per each time slot
- Ability to add recurring menu special and set a special price as a percentage of the menu price or a fixed amount
- You can now mark your restaurant tables as joinable to allow multiple tables per booking
- Smooth drag and drop for mail variables in the template editor page
- Added support for a new display type of menu item options that lets your customers add menu item options with different quantities
- And many more improvements.
That’s it on TastyIgniter v3.0.4 highlights. If you’d like to see a full list of improvements and bug fixes since v2, please see the previous release notes.
Always back up your files and database before updating.
From the admin dashboard
- Go to System > Extensions, disable all extensions before upgrading by clicking the square (stop) button on all extensions.
- Go to System > Updates, click the Ignore button all updates except the TastyIgniter v3.0.4+ update, then click the Update button.
- Use your newly-upgraded TastyIgniter site!
Manually from the command line
- Follow Step 1 and Step 2
- Run the following command at the root of your TastyIgniter installation:
php artisan igniter:up
php artisan cache:clear
- Use your newly-upgraded TastyIgniter site!
If you face any issues, please start a new discussion in the Support tag or find us in #help on Discord. You may find similar issue being discussed but open a new discussion anyway, it helps us get your specific problem solved faster.
😇 Thank You
TastyIgniter releases would not be possible without the support of the community, our thanks go out to all of them! Thank you…
To everyone who contributed code to this release, to everyone who has helped with testing, to every sponsor, to every Open Collective supporter and Github Sponsor. You rock!
Your financial support is a huge source of motivation, it helps provide for stable development hours for TastyIgniter! Help us become a sustainable project by backing us on Open Collective or GitHub
Finally, thank you for your continued support, donations, and enthusiasm that keeps us going.