I need an advice how to handle composer-update from local machine.
I have installed my TI some month ago via ftp and WebWizzard (setup.php). Now I have some troubles updating TI 3.0.8 to the new 3.1.x. The update wizzard in the admin interface crashed. I got the tip to run composer update from commandline.
But the webspace my TI is running is only an webhosting environment with some limitations. Especially no root and no composer. But SSH.
So I decided to setup a local server in my intranet, run here the composer update and copy the files back to webhosting account.
Now I m not sure, which steps I need to do. I tested some, but without any success.
What I ve done:
- I copied my whole doc-root with my TI to my local machine
- on my local machine I run
composer update and
php artisan igniter:up
- all runs fine
- I remove all content from doc-root on my webhosting account
- I copied the local doc-root back to the webhosting account
- TI runs - so far so good 🙂
But my TI-version is still 3.0.8. 🙁
Has someone an idea what is wrong, what I could do better?