Soon, we’ll be announcing a fresh new marketplace for TastyIgniter developers.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Guest order/account

#1 anth Offline Member
Is there a way in the back end or in the database to link up an order placed by a guest toa new customer. 

I have a few guest orders that customers have submitted and then straight after they have created an account. It woukd be good to link these up so they can leave reviews and track previous orders.
#2 anth Offline Member
I have updated the ti_orders to link up to the new user ID - Looks like its worked, hopefully it doesnt cause any back lashes ????
#3 sampoyigi Offline 1 == 2
Can you share a bit more details on what you've updated? I have some similar in mind.
#4 anth Offline Member
Not in front of computer but thisbis what i remember. Within the sql database table ti_orders there is a field for customer id. When guests order this is set to 0. I found the customer Id of the new customer when they registered and replaced the 0 with that number. Hope that helps.
#5 sampoyigi Offline 1 == 2
Thank you. I will figure a way to do it programmatically and make the update available in v2.0 Smile
#6 roydeanjr Offline Junior Member
(05 Mar, 01:25 PM)sampoyigi Wrote: Thank you. I will figure a way to do it programmatically and make the update available in v2.0 Smile

@sampoyigi I just installed 2.1.1 from the download available on this site. When I ordered an item and entered all the information required to get the system to process the order via a test authorize.net transaction, all appeared ok as I got the confirmation email and all. However, there is no account that is created because upon clicking the "you can check your order progress here" in the email that was received, I am only presented with a logon page and I received no credentials that I could use to log into the system. What am I doing wrong?

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread / Author