Soon, we’ll be announcing a fresh new marketplace for TastyIgniter developers.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Not Solved] API for Mobile (Android | iPhone) devices.

#1 Akarmakar Offline Newbie
Hello , 

I just came across this tool and good to see the already done development. 

A real life scenario however demands an application like this to have a native smartphone application. Since a lot of people would only order from Android , Iphone. Though the webversion of the app is responsive a native application would make the user engagement more rich and engaging. 

Is there any plans of making APIs for mobile devices ? it would be great to have them.

thanks 
Abhishek karmakar
#2 sampoyigi Offline TastyIgniter's Father
Thank you for the suggestion and welcome to TastyIgniter Community Forum.

That's right, the responsive design already enables customers to order from their mobile devices. Agreed, a native application would enrich the user's experience.
Yes, there are plans to provide APIs for mobile devices. However, I have my plate full with features am working on for version 2.0.
Are you a developer? as TastyIgniter could need one.
#3 Akarmakar Offline Newbie
(30 Dec, 09:34 PM)sampoyigi Wrote: Thank you for the suggestion and welcome to TastyIgniter Community Forum.

That's right, the responsive design already enables customers to order from their mobile devices. Agreed, a native application would enrich the user's experience.
Yes, there are plans to provide APIs for mobile devices. However, I have my plate full with features am working on for version 2.0.
Are you a developer? as TastyIgniter could need one.

Hi Sampoyigi, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes i am a developer and i was thinking of writing some APIs for the consumption of Native Android app for ordering food. But I guess i would have to read the Database carefully first to understand the whole flow. Did you write any documentation around that ?
#4 sampoyigi Offline TastyIgniter's Father
Yes, thats great. You should have fun reading and understanding the database and workflow. TI coding has been designed with human readability in mind. Plus I'm always here if you need help.

The documentation is still a work in progress and hopefully it will be out in the coming months
#5 Rs13373 Offline Newbie
Adding Rest Api to ingredients of tastyigniter will be awesome.
How soon can we expect this ingredient to be Added
#6 spsantoshkumar Offline Newbie
All,

Please have a look at DreamFactory an open source  REST API automation platform for mobile, IoT, and web applications (https://www.dreamfactory.com/features)

It claims that it can generate REST API for an backend, services.  It would be great if anyone can have a look at  it and if it does what it claiims, then I believe we can have auto generated REST API for TI which then can be used by mobile apps.
#7 maxm Offline Newbie
Hi, has anyone made any progress on producing an API for TI?
#8 johnrex Offline Newbie
(29 Dec, 11:51 AM)Akarmakar Wrote: Hello , 

A real life scenario however demands an application like this to have a native smartphone application. Since a lot of people would only order from Android , Iphone. Though the webversion of the app is responsive a native application would make the user engagement more rich and engaging. 

Is there any plans of making APIs for mobile devices ? it would be great to have them.

thanks 
Abhishek karmakar

We've chosen to use a single API for all clients as it makes it much easier to maintain. This should then apply going forwards, not just for web and mobile clients but for TVs and other platforms too.

We use partial selection for retrieving only the data needed which is ideal for mobile. So for example, you can add the following attribute to the resource URL:  users?fields=name,email,address

The API will then only return the data requested.  If specific fields have not been requested, it'll return everything.
#9 wandafoster Offline Newbie
(29 Dec, 11:51 AM)Akarmakar Wrote: Hello , 

thanks 
Abhishek karmakar

Yes, It would be great to know about it.

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread / Author
Apple Pay Suggestion
Last Post zeta made 22 May, 12:10 PM